• I develop business-legal, legal-health, personal finance and education articles on a need basis. I also write creative content including reviews for some food and fashion TV programs, restaurants, products, events, and books and travel articles. These freelancing opportunities refine my ability to gather data, write in-depth stories, drive website traffic and read, analyze and interpret data from scholarly periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations. They also refine my ability to identify missing data, resources and incomplete details, maintain files and records in an organized manner and perform office duties like answering calls, sending and replying to snail and e-mails, calendar scheduling, invoicing and banking.
• As a freelance business-legal writer, I gathered data and then wrote and/or updated articles on international industries, company histories and other business-related topics using Chicago Manual of Style, a Content Management System (CMS) and SGML and HTML codes. I gathered civil cases in-person and online in the United States District and Superior Courts in the Pacific Region (Hawaii, Alaska, Guam, Northern Marianas) and provided synthesis of information and analysis for the California-based Courthouse News Service, a nationwide news service for lawyers and the news media. I also researched, developed, and wrote business-legal content for Gale Business Insights Handbook of Global Business Law and keyword-rich SEO geared health-legal content for a personal injury resource website using AP Stylebook and Strunk and White's The Elements of Style. I also worked on business plans for domestic start-ups and E-2 Visa treaty investors and press releases and other content for a real estate firm. These experiences helped me to have a thorough familiarity with business trends, legal reasoning and legal writing, research and evaluation methodologies, culture, and economics.
• As a legislative aide, I handled wide-range administrative and legislative-related support tasks with little to no supervision. I conducted research and then wrote digest on grants-in-aid and other government policies for legislative purposes. I also prepared fact sheets relating to state budget and bills with appropriation. These responsibilities established in me the keen attention to details and knack for error-free documents. They also helped me to have a thorough familiarity with legal (statutes, rules, legal documents, legal processes and procedures) and technological (Microsoft, Adobe and Mac software applications) needs in communication. They also helped me construct in-depth analyses and long-form articles.
• My experience as an online news writer honed my ability to present and interpret information and ideas clearly and accurately in writing. I took News and Feature Writing, Craft of and Business Communication, Integrated Marketing Communications, Advertising, and Knowledge Management for my undergraduate (BA Journalism) and graduate (MA in Communications Management) degrees. The said experience and courses sharpened my ability to draw sound conclusions from substantive information. They also trained me to be proficient at the craft of persuasion.
• As a customer relations officer, I helped the organization improve telesales and generate quality leads for the sales team. I also handled complaints and feedback with the aim of improving customer satisfaction and maximizing profits and strengthening relationships between the company and its customer base. This experience taught me to troubleshoot, explain corporate policy and create positive perception. It also helped me to improve my listening, empathizing and problem-solving skills.
• I am flexible. I have the initiative and can work independently and cooperatively in following through on assignments. I can also plan, prioritize, organize, and coordinate work involving a wide variety of tasks and materials. I can work effectively and deal pleasantly and helpfully with people of diverse cultural backgrounds. I have considerable working knowledge and understanding of applicable federal and state laws, rules, regulations and theories and systems associated with open meetings, open records, and records retention. I also have experience in learning and excelling at new skills when needed.
Please contact me through the contact form in the Contact Me section for details on my education and work history. Thank you!